What is Content Ideation? – Definition, four Brainstorming Methods
Content Ideation Definition
Content ideation for own business or client sometimes proves to be a little tricky. The frustration cause by getting stuck ideas to cause issues.
It especially if we are on deadline or content needs to be scrapped and altered at the last minute.
It ensures that content is targeted and helps achieve the goals, from increased traffic and social shares to strengthening your brand or improving conversions and sales.
So if you need the inspiration to help you come up with your content ideas, take a look at these four brainstorming methods below.
1. Key Dates, Events, and Seasonality
- The first brainstorming methods are to list all of the critical dates and events specific to the industry worth it creates content around. We want to start adding these to the calendar so that you can see them at a glance.
- And come up with the second list of brainstorming ideas around any products or services that you could push at different times of the year to reflect trends in seasonality.
- And once it complete, it’s worth seeing if you can combine any of the critical dates and events with seasonality trends to form the basis of your content ideas.
2. Mind Mapping
- Start by choosing the critical topic and type of content, for example, ‘marketing’ or an Infographic. Once it takes a central theme or style of content, you can create ideas around it and then sub-ideas around the individual concepts.
- And try it generate as many ideas as possible, as you can always refine specific ones and reject any that don’t meet your criteria. The result will be much easier to visualize compared to a static list.
3. The 5 Ws and 1 H
- Firstly, it next up 5 Ws and 1 H technique. Its method involves asking questions to formulate several maintainable ideas and gather further information on the particular topics.
- Secondly, the questions must focus on an idea, product, or service and look at the following areas. And answering all of the questions gives extra in-depth information about your initial idea before establishing if it’s worth using in your content strategy.
- Lastly, It is a simple but effects method to use if you get stuck for ideas and struggle to remember the
4. Picture Association
- As the adage states: “A picture is worth a thousand words,” so why not use images to your advantage to come up with your content ideas?
- It is another simple yet effective method that allows you to think more visually and creatively,
compared to writing lists.
- Also, perform an image search for keywords related to the industry, topic, or theme you want to create content.
- Once the pictures are on the screen in front of you, think about what initially comes to mind and establish your ideas based on what you can see in front of you.
- And think about what the images convey and see if you can work these ideas into your content. It might sound different from what you’ve tried before, but it could be the winning ticket to finding that killer content idea.
Also, You can find more helpful resources at The Pink Charm.
A Marketer’s Cheat Sheet To Copywriting
In recent years, copywriting has become one of the highest-paying and most exciting careers in the content world. It’s incredible…
What is the Content Source? – 3 Content Sources that Take Stress Out of Social Media Sharing
When the content source extra to our content list in our Paper Settings, Paper. Li automatically pulls in any articles,…