The unsuspecting impact the coronavirus pandemic had on businesses all around the world is immense. Even since the pandemic started, many businesses and companies are relying on eCommerce as their main selling and marketing strategy. However, doing this type of marketing requires prior knowledge. We help you understand how it works, as well as show you the ways you can boost your sales via email marketing. Whether you are generating new content and want to attract more viewers on your website, or looking to increase your customer base, email marketing is one of the best marketing techniques right now. In this article, we will help you learn what email marketing really is and how it can bring benefits to your business.
Table of Contents
Before You Learn How to Boost Your Sales via Email Marketing You Have To Know What It Is
Email marketing service is one of the most successful ways to increase the range of your customers and clients. And this lets people know about any special offers or deals you have. In addition, this marketing can not only bring new customers but can also upgrade your current customers. This type of marketing is used to bring the product or service closer to the user or consumer. Moreover, they used to spread awareness of any specific offers or announce a line of new products.
Email marketing provides the best results in advertising both your company and the services or products you provide
It is one of the most direct and effective ways to communicate with old, current and potential clients. As the internet technologies advance even more, one can utilize different tools to increase the efficiency of said emails. We can recognize two main types of marketing emails:
- Promotional emails: The basis of such an email is to boost the sales revenue of a certain company. Promotional emails are used to offer existing or potential clients discounts, special offers, deals, etc. This type of email marketing is a great way to introduce and boost the sales of a new product, for example.
- Informational emails: Also known as newsletters, these emails provide useful information about the company to clients. Such information include the changing of services, new company announcements or releases, etc. Basically, this type of email is used when you want to inform your clients about a change regarding your company. In most cases, these types of emails are sent on a monthly basis, but that can vary.
Why Is Email Marketing Important?
One might think that with the rise of social media networks, marketing would be better on them. However, many polls show that email marketing is still one of the best ways to reach out to your customers. For instance, marketing your product or service on social media means targeting a wider audience.
It is estimated that a little more than 50% of the population on Earth is using email as a form of communication
However, email marketing allows you to approach each customer individually and choose your preferred audience. In addition, this type of communication is proven to increase customer loyalty. Unlike social media marketing, email marketing campaigns are much safer. For example, your page or ad on social media can be deleted within a second, without any warning. However, when doing email marketing, you own the email list and will have it at all times. That way, you reduce the chance of losing your targeted audience. You can also supplement your email marketing efforts by including SMS in the mix. Using an online SMS platform is the easiest way to start.
How Can You Boost Your Sales via Email Marketing?
The one main thing that is going to tell you how successful your email marketing campaign really is will be the sale increase. Ultimately, the whole purpose behind a successful digital marketing campaign is to increase sales. So, what can you do to increase your sales?
- Constantly work on your email list – One way you can tell how well your campaign is going is by your email list. Namely, the more successful the campaign the bigger your customer email list will be. In addition, this list will make it easier to access all the clients you want to send an email to. On the other hand, it will also allow you to know how many emails you are sending on the regular and if that is something that is working out for you or not.
- Do not forget to include a CTA button in the email: If you want to boost your sales via email marketing, you will need to provide an easy way for recipients to visit your website. Regardless if you are selling a product or service, the emails you are sending should always include a CTA or Call-To-Action button. This button or link should take the recipient directly to your webpage or a specific deal or promotion.
- Personalized messages – The one main advantage of using email as the main way to communicate with clients is that it provides a sense of direct communication between the company and the client. In addition, personalizing each email you are sending will only increase the chances of gaining more customers. In most cases, recipients will likely open the email they feel is directed towards them in particular.
- Pay attention to the way you present the subject – Another big factor that will determine whether or not recipients will even open the email you sent them is by the email subject. If you want to boost your sales you will need to pay attention to the subject. Namely, the subject of the email should be concise and not too personal. It should make the recipient want to open the email to see what it is about. Badly written subjects can often end up in the spam or trash folder. So, pay attention and figure out the best subject for your emails.
Is Email Marketing Something You Should Use Nowadays?
Absolutely! Email is nowadays more relevant than it ever was. Moreover, if you are looking to boost your sales via email marketing you will surely not do any wrong. Recent studies show that email marketing is more efficient than social media marketing. You have the chance to build your customer list, contact them with personalized messages and communicate with them with ease. On the other hand, social media marketing can be good on some occasions, but should not be the first choice you make.