Table of Contents
Definition of Adding Publications
The adding publications section of LinkedIn is the place for writers to add published work. And its section is a great place to spotlight your writing ability and showcase the knowledge.
Do not think that this section is only for the books we wrote. We wrote the article published and broadcast in some manner.
Multichannel marketing Write For Us is main for the simple reason that it needs to be where your customers are. And they are everywhere
And add it to this section and share it with the readers of our LinkedIn profile. And cite magazine articles, newsletter pieces, guest blog articles, and more.
How to add our Publication History to our Shape
- Open our LinkedIn profile.
- If we take the Publications section already added to our profile, scroll to it and click the pencil (edit) icon to enter into edit mode, then go to Step 5.
- If we did not take the Publications section added to our profile yet, scroll below the contact information section at the top part of our profile and click the view more link to see the complete list of areas to add.
- In the Publications section, click Add Publications.
- When clicked, the Publications section appears on our profile.
- And in the Title field, enter the name of the publication.
- In the Publication/Publisher field, enter the publication’s name if it’s the magazine and periodical, and the publisher’s name if it’s the book.
- In the Publication Date field, choose the month, day, and year the text was published from the drop-down lists.
- And also in the Publication URL field, add the website address where more information on this publication can found.
- If our publication is the book, we might consider adding the link to the book on Amazon.
- In the Author(s) field, add the name of a first-degree LinkedIn connection to tie them to the publication, if applicable.
- If we are the sole author, skip this step. Our name is always listed first when we add the publication to our profile.
- To rearrange the additional author’s name, click a name and drag it into the edit mode’s desired order.
- If we remove the publication after the additional author added it to his and her profile, the magazine will remain on that author’s profile.
- In the Description field, provide some detail around the publication.
- It’s a great place to add the boilerplate description of the books and articles we take published, and we can even provide a brief excerpt.
- And LinkedIn allows the maximum length of 2,000 characters, which is approximately 300 words — just enough room to provide context, but not enough room to write a novel.
- Click the Save button.
Also Read: What are Marketing Mediums? – 4 Types of Marketing Mediums